3. Why aren't you always open? Great question — while we have one metric motherton of fruit, it ripens in waves. We open when there's enough to make it worth pickers' time & effort.
4. You can bring your own bucket. We'll weigh it before you pick and get the tare -- or unladen weight -- so you only pay for the fruit.
Or you can buy one of our flats, at cost, for 50 cents.
5. When you come, you'll be assigned a row with a nifty colored tag on it. (We're rather proud of the map here .)
We ask that you stay in that row, so we can track what areas have been picked. Thanks!
6. Raspberries are brambles and often the best fruit is BETWEEN the branches inside the canopy of the bush.
So, pick slowly and really search. This means fuller buckets faster AND fewer fruit flies that can shut us down early.
8. Listen to your mother: Drink water, wear sunscreen and for the love of Pete, wear a hat. The bigger and uglier, the better.
It's hot out there.
7. Ripe raspberries are deep red in color and come off the bush easily. If you have to wrestle it off, it won't be good eats.
9. Please leave your dog at home. We love animals, and in fact have a few chickens (okay, more than a few). We'd hate for there to be a kerfuffle.
10. 852 Cemetery Road? I thought it was 840? Yeah...well, if you put 852 into your Googler, that gets you right to the field. So, rather than cause confusion, we just changed our address on all our social outlets.
11. While we will take a check, cash is best for us. Our phone coverage is spotty, so we're not taking cards (and avoiding lots of fees we'd have to pass along to you all.) So, thanks for bringing the green!